Marsh-Mellow-Madness Marsh-Mellow-Madness

Animation quality is pretty good for 2002. Plot is amusing and creative. Could use some music/ambient noise to give it a little more flavor. I like the dark theme and the way the characters are designed visually. Keep it up, man! ^^

Otherworld Otherworld

Wonderful! Animation quality is amazing. The pensive music with the coming-of-age theme really fits the moody style of the artwork well. It felt a bit dragged out, but the animation was thoroughly engaging nevertheless. Keep up the great work, guys!

Life Observations: Weddings Life Observations: Weddings

Okay. Humor was a little slow-paced and very dry. My favorite joke was probably the one about the pastor's wardrobe...or maybe the father/son dance. Started to drag a bit after the speeches bit. Animation quality is good, but the scene design is pretty minimalist. Not my favorite piece of yours, but overall still pretty amusing. Keep at it, man!

Da Best Gaem Da Best Gaem

Cute game. A little simplistic and repetitive, but it definitely uses the appeal of easy medal points and "man-I-can-definitely-do-better-than-that"-style addictive tactics to its advantage. Also, I couldn't help but crack up at the Neil Tyson image you threw in there. ;)

Drop Up Drop Up

Ok, I like this! :D Yeah, I'll agree, it's not as elaborate or creative as D-Pression, but it's a cool idea with a cyclical frustration-addiction quality. Nice work! ;)

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks for the reivew, which pretty much sums up most of the game XD
While D-Pression was more of a puzzle game, this is mostly performance based :p
I did make it too difficult again though...

D-Pression D-Pression

Wow! This is amazing! :D I'm so jealous of your wide variety of talents, LSD! ;D This is a really creative, amusing, and even addicting game! I made a point of not reviewing it until I completed it, as I wanted to really evaluate it. First of all, I love the theme of depression and darkness. I had to turn all the lights off in my room in order to see the "shadow." XD I love gams that involve strategy as opposed to mindlessness, and this was a great example of that. Each level is very clever and often challenging, the whole game was very well designed, and I didn't come across any glitches! :) Nice music, too! Overall, simply an extremely entertaining experience. Huge congrats on front page/ 4k views and counting, btw! :D This truly deserves all the attention it's getting! Keep up the great work, man! ;D

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thanks a million! You and LuncayEcho have been extremely supportive throughout my entire time here on Newgrounds, which is amazing!

I'm glad you liked the theme, as my focus is clearly on athmosphere, as well as the puzzles. I'm also impressed you managed to complete the whole game, since only about 1 in 40 have done so thus far.

Also, it's good that you liked the level design! Almost everyone has had an issue with one specific level though, hahha! I appreciate that you took the time to finish the game before reviewing too; I know you have quite the busy schedule! And I admire your talents too, as they are several. Have you ever thought about making a game yourself :D?

I'm surprised to see there haven't really been that many glitches, which means less work for me (although I'm currently woriking on the final bits of the "story", which should be added later this day).

Again, thank you TheDoor6, and have a good day! :3

EDM Samurai - Broken Mirror [Nirimi Remix] EDM Samurai - Broken Mirror [Nirimi Remix]

Sounds like house all right. ;) It's a catchy and fun piece, and the risers are cool. I think some of the synths are a little generic, especially the lead, but you're right about one thing: your mixing has improved a lot. The only thing that stuck out to me is you might want to take a tad bit of treble off of the lead - it was just a little grating in the higher register. Besides that, I think you could've used some more creative transitions and variety in the composition. The entire piece is essentially a series of variations on the same riff, and the second half of the piece doesn't really add much more new content. I'd encourage you to try to mimic the structure of your favorite tracks to see if you can give the piece a little more shape (calm moments with less texture, dramatic emotional heights, and everything in between). Overall, though, you're definitely on the right track. Keep at it, man! ^^

RobinvanDommelen responds:

Thank you so much man! I will definitely try my best to keep getting better :D

Chapter II: Believe Chapter II: Believe

I like the soothing atmospheric vibes at the beginning, the pulsing strings that come in shortly after, and the soulful vocals. The pacing is a little slow, but the first section with the lyrics has a great emotional appeal. The instrumental is pretty light, and perhaps could’ve used some more fill in the higher frequencies, but the production quality is very strong. The vocals make the piece sound very intimate and personal, which is a huge plus. I really feel like you’re speaking directly to me throughout the piece. The vocal harmonies are beautiful, and you do a fantastic job of using your voice to channel the emotion of the piece. I like how the piece comes full-circle with the piano at the end. Structurally, I feel like the piece completely took me on a journey without sacrificing much in the way of coherence. Overall, this is an enormously strong piece that’ll be hard to beat. Downloaded and fave’d. Keep up the great work, Jordi! ^_^

Mixing, mastering, and balance
Structure, transitions, phrasing, and variety
Melody, tonality, harmony, and texture
Instrumentation and sound design
Emotion, atmosphere, and catchiness
Originality and uniqueness
1/1
Overall (how do the above elements interact?)
Composite score
9.75/10

Oh Mama Hey! Oh Mama Hey!

I like the fun, organic feel. The piano that comes in at around :10 is very bright and upbeat, yet seemed to be slightly out-of-tune, unfortunately, unless my ears betray me. That said, it almost fit with the down-to-earth, campfire sing-a-long vibe of the piece. The lyrics are amusing and light-hearted, and the production quality is really strong. It was absolutely fantastic to see you express so much of your upbringing and heritage in the song, too. If I had to complain about one thing, it was that you didn’t do anything particularly interesting with the piece after the bridge. It still comes together pretty nicely, but at this stage of the competition the last refrain sounding exactly the same as the others seems a tad underwhelming. But allow me to put that last comment into perspective: this piece is still a wonderful achievement that makes me want to call my mother right away. Keep up the good work, Finn!

Mixing, mastering, and balance
Structure, transitions, phrasing, and variety
Melody, tonality, harmony, and texture
Instrumentation and sound design
Emotion, atmosphere, and catchiness
Originality and uniqueness
1/1
Overall (how do the above elements interact?)
Composite score
9.5/10

FinnMK responds:

I detuned the piano on purpose! I liked the feel of it.
That's a good point about the last refrain. I'll make sure to keep things fresh for the grand finale...

Honeybather Honeybather

Really cool and abstract. I love how the colorful backdrop complements the distorted figure, and the use of texture here is great. Keep up the good work!

Ugly Memory Ugly Memory

Cool concept. I like the vivid texture of the brains and the facial expression. Could use a bit more coloring in the person's body, but in a way I like how the only thing that's colored in is the brains too. XD Keep up the good work!

DNA DNA

Dude, I just found your page, and your art is amazing. Superb attention to detail, and you do a lot of cool thematic stuff too. This piece in particular is just haunting to me. Keep it up!

LukeF responds:

Awh man, Thank you so much! So happy you like my stuff, It really means a lot. :)