- Age / Gender:
- 20, Male
- Wellesley Hills, MA, USA
- All Stats >
Hi. I'm Andrew. Audio portal junkie since 2010, supporter since January 2017. I always want to improve what I do! I make music, run the NGAUC, and am active in the writing forum. I love this site, and I want to make it the best I can. :) Formerly TheDoor6
- Community Stats
Level 13 Musician
Ranked as Police Officer
Contact Info / Websites
|T-Logic - Boys Can Dream||Pop Song|
|T-Logic & Burnt Wyoming F/Young God - Signals Everywhere||Hip Hop - Modern Song|
|T-Logic - Unanswered||Ambient Song|
|T-Logic - Ormolu||Drum N Bass Song|
The following is a list of rules and structural details regarding the NGUAC 2017, my annual audio contest here on NG.
SECTION I: General track requirements
1.If you are entering as a solo artist (i.e., not part of a team), YOU CANNOT HAVE A COLLABORATION AS YOUR TRYOUT PIECE or as any other piece for the competition. The only exception is when you have someone sing or play an instrument for you, but you must still compose the music and lyrics yourself AND mix/master the piece. Also, you may only submit one song per round, regardless of whether you are on a team or not.
2. The pieces you make for the competition should be full-length songs of the musical variety (of any genre). We won’t accept audio that has the sole purpose of being comedic, not to mention sound effects, voice acting, or parodies.
3. You may use pre-packaged loops and samples in your piece, but be aware that after a certain point abusing presets compromises your track’s originality.
4. For tryouts, it's okay to submit covers, arrangements, remixes, remakes, mash-ups, and pieces with samples downloaded from the internet.
5. In the Knock-out and Final rounds, no participant may submit covers, arrangements, mash-ups, remakes, or remixes.
6. No participant may create samples for the purpose of using them in a Knock-out or Final round piece before that corresponding round begins.
7. You must be able to submit your song to Newgrounds in order to enter the competition. This mandates compliance with all general NG Audio Portal regulations, as well as that you need a Newgrounds account. No submissions from Soundcloud, Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, Audiojungle, etc. will be accepted!
8. You may submit a song to the NGUAC that you had previously submitted to another contest on NG, like the NGADM, AIM, or NCHIPS, but please make sure that it's okay to use the song for both contests in the rules for the other contest as well.
9. In order to submit a track, simply link the piece you want the judges to consider in the corresponding forum thread. The thread for the tryout phase is here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1423801#bbspost26064461_post_text. You can also change the piece you’d like us to judge by CLEARLY stating in the thread you’d like to change it.
SECTION II: Schedule-related rules
1. PARTICIPANTS MAY NOT start working on their Knock-out or Final Round tracks until the corresponding forum thread is posted. Anything you do to prepare for your piece ahead of time needs to be something you could do if you were blind, deaf, dumb, and wearing a straightjacket.
2. No one is allowed to update their track (i.e., replace or delete the audio file in Newgrounds' Project System) during the judging phases until results are released for the following round.
3. All submission phases close at 23:59 (11:59 p.m.) Eastern Daylight Time on the indicated dates (below). Submission phases open as soon as the forum thread for that round is up.
4. Immediately after the tryout submission phase, the participants will be grouped evenly based on their fan totals. This ensures that the best of the “Underdogs” advance as far as possible without directly competing with more experienced and knowledgeable musicians. It’s kinda the premise of the entire competition.
SECTION III: Regarding teams
1. Participants are allowed to enter the competition as a team of two.
2. If the members of your team would otherwise be placed in different groups as solo artists, the team will be placed in the group corresponding to the highest fan total among its members (e.x., if one member has 20 fans and the other has 60, and the All Stars each have 50 fans or more, the team will compete in the All Stars group).
3. Both members of a team don’t necessarily have to contribute to all of the pieces submitted as part of the contest.
4. Teams of more than 2 are not permitted.
SECTION IV: Code of conduct
1. If you have any complaints about judges’ scores or the contest in general, please PM THEM instead of embarrassing yourself by whining about how great you thought your piece was in the thread. Standard BBS and Audio Portal rules ALWAYS apply.
2. The judges are not obligated to review any of the pieces you submit to the competition, but you may request reviews from your judges or simply PM them with questions. I’ll make it clear who is judging a given group during a given round, as each individual judge doesn’t always score everyone.
3. The judges should give participants a score out of 10 and be able to thoroughly explain how they arrived at that score by considering a variety of parameters. These parameters may vary by judge, however. Scores are averaged among the judges to determine who advances to future rounds.
SECTION V: Prizes
1. Prizes will include forum signatures for the top 3 finishers boasting of their success in the competition, as well as spots on the front page of the Audio Portal the week after the competition.
Phase - Start date - End date
Tryout submission - 6/14 - 7/2
Tryout judging - 7/3 - 7/9
K-O submission - 7/9 - 7/25
K-O judging - 7/26 - 7/30
Final submission - 7/30 - 8/13
Final judging - 8/14 - 8/16
Thank you in advance for following the rules. Good luck and (most importantly) have fun! :D
Latest Favorite Audio
Latest Favorite Art
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 130 (From 12 different games.)