Newgrounds was down for most of this morning, but it was for a good cause. They reformatted the user pages. Here's my assessment of the changes:
Things I like:
1. It's much easier to upload stuff. Earlier, you had to either go into your project system and click "manage audio," or use the drop-down window in the audio portal tab. Now, there's a clear upload icon at the top of your screen all the time! This is going to be much less confusing for new members. I approve.
2. As an avid stat whore, I totally appreciate how Newgrounds now tells you how many of each type of submission you have on your main page, as well as reviews, forum posts, favorites, and news posts. :)
3. Newgrounds now tells you how long you've been friends with a user when you visit their main page. I think that's cute.
4. When you travel around a user's page, their stats/links/main page info goes with you on the left side of your screen. This is very convenient. In satisfying my incessant desire for numeric information about NG users, I'll save many a click.
5. Supporter upgrade icon is now sufficiently flaunted. :3
6. You can now react to news posts. That's a fun way of making user pages more interactive.
Things I don't like:
1. There aren't any "loop" or "song" labels on the audio before you click on them, especially on the individual users' audio pages. Maybe this is a distinction that doesn't mean much to most people, but personally I like knowing whether or not a song is going to be a full-length track or a short loop when I'm choosing what to listen to.
2. Newgrounds seems to have skipped out on including some of my older tracks in the update. Maybe I shouldn't complain about this one too much, as most of my older songs are terrible, but I can still access them via search, just not on my audio page.
3. Newgrounds reformatted the profile pictures so that your user icon (which appears in your forum posts) isn't visible on your main page. Now I feel like my logo isn't really very present. That said, it's an easy fix (as long as you realize that the "edit profile" icon is now on the right side of the screen, and not the left).
4. Newgrounds essentially made EVERYTHING public that you wrote in your profile, including your occupation, education info, etc. I don't have a problem with this, but some people might. I'd suggest that everyone check their profiles to see the personal info that's on their main page.
5. The stats page is no more! This might be my biggest complaint. You can no longer see the numbers on a user's reviews, forum posts, and favorites in one place. I also don't see a feature on "forum posts per day" anywhere, which I had enjoyed a lot. Oh well.
Overall, I like the changes. It'll take some getting used to, but in general my complaints are small and my compliments are big. What do you guys think?