View Profile TaintedLogic

54 Movie Reviews

Funny concept and solid voice acting. Animation quality could be better, though. I feel like you could've spent a lot more time on some of the details. There's not a lot of motion in the picture, and some of the postures, especially Mr. Ratburn's, seem a bit unnatural. Still, enjoyable piece. Keep at it, man!

Fantastic! Animation quality is super high, thematic content is fun, and the comedic elements are a nice touch. Loved it when the grandpa got so confused at around 2 minutes in. I'm especially impressed that you did all the music yourself - the cinematic vibe was great. I guess my one complaint is that sometimes the dialogue is somewhat redundant. For example, when the ghost first fires the beam of light from his hands, he says "I didn't know I could do that," even though it's already clear that he didn't know he could do that from his surprised reaction and body language. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this series. Voice acting is good, and the finish looks professional. Keep up the great work, everyone!

Funny stuff! Plot could've been a tad more climactic, but I assume it's based on your real life experience. My favorite joke was when you made fun of Bethany's name. The timing of the vomiting scene ("Bleh...thany") was great. The angry Pocahontas logo was also amusing. Keep up the good work, Brewstew!

9 Game Reviews

Fun take on a timeless classic! I especially like the cinematic music and the details on the background landscapes. Chicken noises and items were cool too. Can't give you too many points for originality, but the climactic and addictive qualities of "toss" games will always win me over. Keep up the good work, man! ^_^

Pretty cool game. Graphics are good. I like the silly cartoons that connect the game to the premise/story. Eerie music is a nice touch. Vaguely crude thematic content is a plus. It's a little slow-paced towards the beginning, but maybe that's just because I didn't get too far. Overall solid work!

Aesthetic of the game is straight-up beautiful. Music is, too. Admittedly, I didn't get very far, but I like the "choose-your-own-adventure" style with the dialogue and the mysterious, silhouetted quality of the characters. Really amazing work, just from a visual perspective. Maybe I'll check out that sequel you put up someday, too. :)

2,504 Audio Reviews

I like the hi-passed percussion and quirky synths at the beginning. I expected the mix to open up a bit after a while, but it never really did. You might need more low end in there somewhere, and more filtering/automation to maintain the interest throughout the relatively repetitive harmonies. I like how it develops by around :50, but I think you could've taken that concept a little further later in the piece. It has a cyclical pattern in the lead harmony (i.e., 1:54 and other places) that is itching for some variation. Overall, though, I think the mix is crisp and the sound design is rather good. Keep up the solid work, man!

Beautiful melodies at the beginning. I love how the instrumental swells into :40 and then dramatically dies before the vocals enter. It's such an effective way of building anticipation after the intro. The vocalist did an amazing job. The thematic content is giving me Lord of the Rings vibes, yet the quality of the vocals makes me feel like this could be in a Broadway musical. The shape and arrangement of the piece are probably my favorite elements of it. There's such a wonderful sense of storytelling to the energy and directionality of this track. The climax at 3:40 feels like heaven, and the dream-like bells at the end leave a lingering sense of hope, matching the theme of the lyrics. The mix is flawless as usual. The orchestral instruments are lovely - I particularly liked the strings and piano towards the beginning and the horns at the climax. It makes my day every time to see a new track from you guys. Sorry I didn't get around to reviewing this earlier. I'd love to see more of you guys around the Grounds in 2019. Well wishes from across the Atlantic! ^_^

Hahaha...nice job with the cheesy organ and riser towards the beginning. Has a great, full texture and vaguely classic rock feel. The lyrics are a little cheesy, but certainly fit the bill thematically. I personally didn't like how broken up the delivery of the lyrics was within phrases. There were also a lot of sudden changes in energy and dynamics, which made for a wonky overarching structure. It's a fun piece, but I think a bit more effort could've gone into the arrangement and transitions. Still, excellent job with the mixing, sound design, and vocal quality as always. Hope to hear more from you in 2019, Garlagan! ^_^

26 Art Reviews

Cute! The lookout tower on the boat seems a bit out-of-scale, and in general I think the piece could use a bit more detail. I think the most well-articulated part of the piece is the satellite dishes on top of the ship, but otherwise some of the background details are a bit awkward. For example, the lightning bolt on the left seems to be coming from the side as opposed to out of the sky, and in the ocean there's a wave that seems to dip down beneath the boat, apparently oriented opposite the rest of them. Still, it's a charming piece. I like the coloring on the boat too with the different shades of gray. Keep at it, man!

RedeyestheSecound responds:

Thanks for the review and your right on the lightning bolt from the right side but I was trying to show the lighting was curving inward

I like the snow on the trees and the details on the branches, but this doesn't look particularly realistic somehow. The snow looks grainier than it should, and the sky looks like the snow is falling down in layers instead of flake by flake. Even if it is a winter scene, this could also use some more contrast in the color scheme: slight hints of blue in the sky, different shades of gray in the clouds, some evergreen trees in the distance, etc. I like the aesthetic of the placing of the two most prominent foreground trees on either end of the picture, though. Overall cute piece!

Really strong work! I like her exaggerated facial features and the subtle uncomfortable-looking face on the knife itself. Shadow work and lighting was well-done, too. Makes you wonder who is truly the killer, though. Maybe the dude at the end of the hall is just holding an umbrella, coming home from an honest day's work. She's the only one we know has a weapon. Nice choice with keeping the color scheme black and white, too. It fits the mood of the piece well. Keep up the good work, HugoVRB!

HugoVRB responds:

Thanks for the review TaintedLogic!!
It was fun working on black and white and I always favor expression and pose than realism.
HAHA I like the idea that its just a normal dude coming from work and she is super paranoid.

Much love!

Hi. I'm Andrew. Audio portal junkie since 2010, supporter since January 2017. I always want to improve what I do! I make music, run the NGUAC, and am active in the writing forum. I love this site, and I want to make it the best I can. :) Formerly TheDoor6

Andrew Mikula @TaintedLogic