View Profile TaintedLogic

All 26 Art Reviews

13 w/ Responses

Really cool and abstract. I love how the colorful backdrop complements the distorted figure, and the use of texture here is great. Keep up the good work!

Dude, I just found your page, and your art is amazing. Superb attention to detail, and you do a lot of cool thematic stuff too. This piece in particular is just haunting to me. Keep it up!

LukeF responds:

Awh man, Thank you so much! So happy you like my stuff, It really means a lot. :)

Cool piece. I love the symmetry and texture. The color scheme creates a nice contrast between warm and cool colors. Fitting title. :) Keep up the good work, man!

Haunting. I love the coloration around the incubus's tentacles and scalp, and the murky reflections in the water. The spiked throne and flakes of light were nice details, too. Keep it up, man! :)

Really cool piece! I love the details in the mechanical gadgets, and the color scheme with the blues and yellows is really pleasant. I think it's a little hard to distinguish the figure from the background, though. The character is largely grayscale, and you've got lots of grays and browns in the scene already. Other than that, solid work, man. ;)

ArmeOnNewgrounds responds:

Thanks so much, meens sow much. Thanks for the nitpicks, and I noticed that when I submited the work, so later a added a yellow glow from the back, and a blue one from the front. So now its easier to see him. Thanks again! :)

I love the vivid colors and design. There are a lot of cool details here, too, like the expressionless bunny and the mechanical-looking levers. Mostly warm colors, but I like how you squeezed in some more soothing purples and blues. Nice work! Upbeat vibe. ^_^

Nice work! The texture of the ground is a little bizarre, though. It looks more like the glassy surface of a lake than a snowy forest. The trees are lovely, though, and the overall symmetric design of the piece is really soothing. Keep up the good work, BO! ;)

Everratic responds:

Thanks for the art review! I agree that the ground looks bad. It's the result of me using too much contrast. It looked better prior to that effect.

Woah...I love the contrasting textures. The left-hand one seems like I'm viewing it through stained glass, and the one on the bottom-right looks like noise on an old cable TV. Interesting color scheme too. Made me think of iguanas for some reason. XD Good luck with your classes!

Everratic responds:

Thank you for the review! You are correct about the way the image is intended to be perceived. I'm enjoying my classes a lot :D

It's really calming. I like your color scheme, especially for the sky, and also the way you made the trees different shades of green. It seems you made the treeline in the distance somewhat translucent, or otherwise you gave the color a gradient, which gave the backdrop this soothing, foggy appearance. Keep up the good work! ;)

Everratic responds:

Thank you for the review. I decided to make the trees translucent to save time; I didn't want to draw each tree. For the tree colors, I added different amounts of white and black to the green to create the illusion of distance.

Simple, yet satisfying! I like the different shades of blue in the water. You might've been able to do a little more with those mountains/islands, though. They look a little bland IMO and it's also pretty easy to tell they're essentially inverted images of each other. Nice use of color and frame placement though. ;)

Everratic responds:

For the water, I used a blue gradient with a light blue highlight, then I copied the sky, pasted it above the water, reflected it, and lowered the opacity to about 40%. I agree with you on the mountains. I don't like illustrator's paint tool though so I skipped that step.
Thank you!

Hi. I'm Andrew. Audio portal junkie since 2010, supporter since January 2017. I always want to improve what I do! I make music, run the NGUAC, and am active in the writing forum. I love this site, and I want to make it the best I can. :) Formerly TheDoor6

Andrew Mikula @TaintedLogic